Declaration of platform and principles
Pirate Party Australia is founded on the basic tenets of:
- Freedom of culture and speech,
- The inalienable right to liberty and privacy,
- The protection of the freedoms provided by the evolving global information society,
- The transparency of institutions, and
- The restoration of the freedoms and balance lost through the encroachment of harmful and overbearing intellectual monopolies.
As part of an international movement, we seek not only to change national laws, but to reform perceptions and effect worldwide change. We seek this democratically, through parliamentary elections and lobbying of government.
This page entry added on 9 February, 2014. For more details on the party’s policies, visit its website.